Wizkid Net Worth 2021: Wizkid Forbes Net Worth And Biography
Wizkid Forbes Net Worth And Biography Wizkid is a talented and versatile Nigerian musician, one of the richest and greatest artists in the music industry in Nigeria at the moment. The big contender for Wizkid is Davido.
He signed a record agreement with Empire Mates Entertainment (E.M.E) in 2009. In 2010, with the release of the song ‘Holla at Your Boy’ from his debut studio album, Superstar (2011), he rose to prominence.
- Name: Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun
- Known as: Wizkid
- Age: He is currently 30 years old
- State Of Origin: Lagos State Nigeria
- Nationality: Nigerian
- Up Time: 2009 till date
- Source Of Income: singer, star boy clothing line
- Net Worth: $30 Million Dollars
- Record Label: Star Boy Records
Wizkid Early Life/ Biography
Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun, who is known professionally as Wizkid, was born in Lagos, Nigeria on July 16, 1990, and is currently 30 years old at the time of this post in 2020. He’s staying with his family in Surulere, Lagos State, Nigeria. His mother, though his father is a Sunni Muslim, is a Christian of the Pentecostal denomination.
At Surulere, where he got his first school leaving certificate and his West African Senior School Citizenship Certificate, he completed his primary and secondary education in Lagos, Nigeria. From his early childhood, he was interested in music, but his family did not help him pursue music as a full-time occupation.
Wzkid Musical Career
According to him, at the age of 11, he began recording music and managed to release a collaborative album with the Glorious Five, a group he founded along with a few of his church friends.
In 2009, Wizkid signed a record agreement with Empire Mates Entertainment (E.M.E).
After releasing “Holla at Your Boy”, the lead single from his debut Superstar studio album, he rose to prominence (2011). “The Superstar album also released “Tease Me/Bad Guys”, “Don’t Dull”, “Love My Girl”, “Pakurumo” and “Oluwa Lo Ni” as singles.
Wizkid became the first Nigerian artist ever to have over 1 million followers on Twitter in February 2014.
In September 2014, he released Ayo, his self-titled second studio album. Six singles were supported: “Jaiye Jaiye”, “On Top Your Matter”, “One Question”, “Joy”, “Bombay” and “Show You the Money.” Wizkid left E.M.E after the termination of his contract.
He revealed his decision to start his own record label,’ Star Boy Entertainment,’ on March 5, 2013. He signed sponsorship deals with MTN mobile network and Guinness beer company in the same year.
Following his collaboration with Drake on the global hit, “One Dance”, which reached number one in 15 countries, including the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia, Wizkid gained international recognition in 2016.
Here are some of the best highlights of WizKid’s career:
- Caro (Song, 2014)
- Ayo (Album, 2014)
- Manya (Song, 2017)
- Fake Love (Song, 2018)
Wizkid Biography And Net Worth
- In 2012, Wizkid signed a one-year endorsement deal with Pepsi reportedly worth 350,000 U.S dollars. He travelled to Beirut, Lebanon with Tiwa Savage for a Pepsi commercial shoot.
- On 28 May 2013, Premium Times reported that Wizkid signed a one-year deal with MTN Nigeria. The newspaper also reported that Wizkid’s Pepsi contract was renewed for two additional years.
- In November 2013, Wizkid signed an endorsement deal with Guinness for the Guinness World of More concert, held at the Eko Convention Centre of the Eko Hotel and Suites in Victoria Island, Lagos.
- In June 2015, Pulse Nigeria reported that Wizkid ditched MTN and signed a ₦128 million deal with GLO.
- In 2019 Wizkid has large sum of $3million which is equivalent to 1 billion naira (N1billion) from endorsement deal he signed with United Bank for Africa (UBA).
Wizkid Net Worth: Wizkid, with an estimated net worth of $30 million, is reportedly one of the wealthiest and most influential artists in Nigeria.
Aside from music, his earnings come from various outlets, working with various firms, ads as well as his clothing line from his endorsement.